Thursday, November 15, 2018


Happy New Year!!!!





Okay, so it isn't really New Years. I did have a request to make this card at our next workshop. My November workshop will be on Friday and it will be our last workshop this year. With that said, this is one of the cards we will be making. 
I wasn't sure of the colors at first. I thought it was just a little too dark. Once I stamped it and used black embossing powder, I loved it. Since the wording was black, I decided to make the card base black.

Wondering how I made the beautiful background on this card!!!!!..... I took my Journey Gel Press and took the FSJ reinkers Watermelon Fusion, Beach Ball and Grape Fusion and dropped a few drops of each color sporadically over the gel press. I sprayed a little water on the press and took my Brayer and mixed the colors by rolling over them a few times to spread the colors out on the press. I took an 8 1/2 x 11 White cardstock and transferred the color to the cardstock. Once dried, I took the All Prettied Up Die from Simon Says Stamp and cut out the image. The Happy New Year Wishes stamp set can also be found at Simon Says Stamp. The last step I took on finishing this card, was dropping some Black Licorice Silk on the card. Which I think, puts a really nice touch to the card.
This card was so much fun creating. Mixing all those three colors together and creating your own design. With the Journey Gel Press, you can use an assortment of inks and paints to achieve that different gorgeous look.




  

Here's a closer up of this beautiful card.


Hope you enjoyed visiting the blog today.  Until next time, have a blessed day!!!!

Tessie Collier
💗
💗

No comments:

Post a Comment